The Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) provides unique insight into significant trends and facilitates community efforts to advance scholarship through the innovative and strategic application of information technology; we take a leadership role in areas that matter:
- CNI helps organizations in their strategic planning efforts, identifying key developments, signaling critical trends and providing environmental scans. Members use the Coalition’s annual Program Plan, as well as material from our other publications and our meetings, as part of their institutional planning process.
- Membership meetings provide opportunities to learn about the latest technologies, content, and applications, and CNI has a long history of being the first to offer discussion of major developments, from Mosaic to Digital Libraries, from the Google Book Scanning program to NSF’s DataNet awards. CNI meetings foster collaborations across the wide variety of sectors represented within the CNI membership. Meetings also offer opportunities to showcase your own organization’s work, and to make connections with others doing related projects.
- The podcast program CNI Conversations provides periodic 20-30 minute updates from CNI leadership and others on issues of interest to the community.
- CNI produces publications and reports that are available from our Web site, www.cni.org. Presentations, talks, videos, and interviews are also available online. Your entire organization can have access to the most current information from Coalition leadership via our CNI-ANNOUNCE listserv or News feed.
- CNI can bring expertise and perspective to your institution. Members of the CNI staff frequently visit campuses to participate in events focused on issues such as scholarly communication, e-science and cyberinfrastructure, and learning spaces. We welcome opportunities to meet with member organizations to discuss developments, and to be part of conference programs.
- CNI acts as an important and respected voice on behalf of our community in a wide range of national and international policy venues. As a valued partner in strategy development and policy formulation, CNI is called upon by agencies and organizations such as the National Academies, the National Science Foundation, the Library of Congress, the Mellon Foundation and the UK Joint Information Systems Committee for advice and insight.