CNI Fall 2010 Membership Meeting
December 13-14, 2010
Crystal Gateway Marriott
PROJECT BRIEFING PROPOSALS
Proposal submission deadline:
Friday, October 22
Proposal period is now closed
Deadline for Submitting Handouts:
Monday, November 19
Twice each year representatives of CNI’s member organizations gather for Membership Meetings. The meetings are designed to explore new technologies, content, and applications; to further collaboration; to analyze technology policy issues; and to catalyze the development and deployment of new projects.
Project Briefings are the heart of every Membership Meeting. These briefings address state-of-the-art developments and issues of interest to the membership, as outlined in each year’s Program Plan. Interoperability and standards, developing and managing networked information content, and innovations in teaching and learning are topics that consistently engage CNI members’ interests.
About the Briefings:
- Project Briefings are one-hour breakouts that allow participants to interact informally about projects, initiatives, and ideas of their own choosing.
- The Briefings are attended by 25-75 people. Attendees include senior IT and library administrators, publishing executives, government officials, and others with a high level of interest in and understanding of networking information issues.
- The Briefings are intended to provide information about a project’s goals, progress, and lessons learned, but they may also involve demonstrations. Issue-oriented briefings include presentation of background information on a “hot topic” and more time for general discussion with the audience.
- Each Briefing should include at least twenty minutes for general discussion.
- Only a limited number of sessions is available. Applicants will be notified whether or not their proposal has been selected. All presenters will be invited to attend the full Membership Meeting.
CNI will distribute one-page (two-sided) handouts for briefings in the registration packets for the Membership Meeting and these materials will also be made available on our Web site. You may provide your own handout (in Word format), or you may supply the URL of a Web site for your project, from which the CNI staff will create a one-page handout. PowerPoint slides are generally not used for handouts; these will be posted to the meeting Web site after the meeting.
The deadline for submitting handouts or Web sites is November 19, 2010.
Project Briefing pages from past Membership Meetings provide an idea of typical handouts.
Submitting a Proposal:
Submit your proposal via the online form,
email the requested information to <email@example.com>.