January 18, 2012
In this report, CNI director Clifford Lynch discusses a wide range of issues:
- Plenary speakers for the upcoming CNI membership meeting on April 2-3 in Baltimore
- Bamboo Project
- His presentation at the National Library of Medicine on the broad array of health information and the enormous opportunities for linking and data mining
- Names and lives in the scholarly record
- The Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) calls for responses to public access to articles and data generated from federally funded research
- The new National Science Board (NSB) policy document on data
- LITA’s announcement of making their key journal open access and online only
- His new position as co-chair of the Board on Research Data and Information (BRDI) and an announcement of their first meeting
Joan Lippincott, CNI’s associate director, talks about digital research, teaching and learning from her experiences at the Modern Language Association conference and a campus visit to Loyola University Chicago.
We hope you enjoy this program and we welcome your feedback. For questions or comments related to CNI Conversations, please contact CNI Associate Executive Director Joan Lippincott at email@example.com.