CNI Spring 2021
Virtual Membership Meeting
March 15-26, 2021
Propose a Project Briefing
DEADLINE: February 12, 2021
Project briefings are the heart of every membership meeting. Project briefings address state-of-the-art developments and issues of interest to the membership, as outlined in CNI’s Program Plan. Attendees include senior IT and library administrators, publishing executives, government officials, and others with a high level of interest in and understanding of digital information issues.
- Anyone may propose a project briefing, including groups/individuals from non-member institutions and organizations.
- Project briefings are 30-minute to one-hour sessions that focus on a discussion of a timely topic, or on a specific institutional/organizational project related to digital information; they can also explore parallel developments across institutions.
- For the spring 2021 virtual meeting, we are only scheduling a very small number (5-6) of live (synchronous) project briefings; we expect the great majority of project briefings will be pre-recorded. While we don’t have a set time limit for the pre-recorded briefings, we suggest keeping them to 30 minutes or less.
- Live (synchronous) project briefings will take place March 15-16, noon-5:00 pm EDT.
- March 22-23 meeting days are unscheduled to allow time for members to explore pre-recorded project briefings.
- A limited number of project briefings will be accepted. Applicants will be notified whether or not their proposal has been selected.
- All presenters will be invited to attend the full meeting.
- While participation in live webinars will be restricted to pre-registered membership meeting participants, our expectation is that sessions will be recorded and posted publicly unless presenters request that they not be.
Code of Conduct
CNI is committed to maintaining a welcoming and inclusive environment for inquiry, constructive disagreement, and intellectual freedom and honesty. We do not tolerate personal attacks, harassment of any kind, violence, or disruptive behavior. Please be respectful of our community’s diversity and generous of others’ views. Please bring concerns to our attention by contacting a member of the CNI staff.