The Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) and the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) are pleased to announce that registration is open for all for the next Digital Scholarship Planning Workshop, co-sponsored and hosted by Northeastern University on March 25-26, 2019 on the Northeastern University campus in Boston, MA. (Previously, registration was limited to individuals who are affiliated with a CNI or ARL member institution.) The past two workshops reached their maximum number quickly so we encourage you to register soon if you are interested.
The collaborative, interactive workshop is designed both for those in the beginning of a planning process and for those from institutions seeking to take their services and expertise to the next level. The workshop will feature group activities, short case-study type presentations, panels of students and faculty, and a plenary speaker. Speakers will be added to the workshop website soon.
Topics will include:
- Anticipating and Assessing Needs
- Governance and Funding
- Initiatives in Teaching & Learning and Research
- Faculty and Student Engagement
- Space and Place
- Institutionalizing Digital Scholarship
This workshop is designed to help teams and individuals charged with developing and implementing digital scholarship programs, including:
- Library administrators
- Partners from academic administration, information technology, and other relevant campus units
- Librarians who will have a role in digital scholarship
- Faculty who are involved in the planning, leadership, or activities of digital scholarship centers
- Graduate students who are interested in a career in digital scholarship centers
The planning team for the workshop includes: Dan Cohen, Patrick Yott, and Julia Flanders (Northeastern University), Kimberly Kowal (Boston College), Trevor Munoz (University of Maryland), and Joan Lippincott (CNI).
Additional information and a link to registration ($350/individual) are available at https://dsg.neu.edu/cni_workshop/