GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Welcome to CNI’s asynchronous pre-recorded project briefing series. This quarterly series pulls together a collection of pre-recorded, asynchronous videos from the CNI community to provide year-round access to timely content. More information about this program is in this announcement.
Note: This video series is separate from the project briefings presented at the membership meetings.
- February 2023: No longer accepting submissions; accepted proposals have been notified.
- October 2022: Videos and edition guide
- July 2022: Videos and edition guide
- April 2022: Videos and edition guide
CNI issues a call for asynchronous project briefing proposals approximately quarterly and select a maximum of 12 for release. Calls for proposals will be posted to CNI-ANNOUNCE and social media.
The call for proposals for February’s edition was released in late October on CNI-ANNOUNCE, social media, and the website. The submission deadline has lapsed, and the next call will be issued sometime in February 2023.
WHO: Anyone may propose a pre-recorded project briefing, including groups/individuals from non-member institutions and organizations.
TOPICS & LENGTH: Pre-recorded project briefing videos should focus on a timely topic or on a specific project related to digital information. We especially invite briefings on recently published reports, and updates on new or ongoing projects, programs, or organizations that may have reported at CNI in the past. In general, we recommend that these videos run no more than 15-20 minutes in length, though longer presentations may occasionally make sense; we leave this decision to the discretion of presenters.
Guidelines & Suggestions
- We suggest keeping videos to about 20 minutes or less in length, though we recognize that longer recording times may be warranted; we leave this decision to the discretion of presenters.
- We strongly recommend that you use an external microphone for better sound quality.
- Include contact information for follow-up inquiries.
- Preferred video formats are MP4 or MOV
- Recommended file naming convention: LastName_SessionTitle
- We encourage all speakers to make accessible presentations; this webinar on accessibility guidelines (via the Council on Library and Information Resources) is an excellent resource.
- Videos will be made publicly available on CNI’s YouTube and Vimeo channels
Deadline & Submission Instructions: February 2023 Edition
Deadline for proposal submission: November 30, 2022 Notification of acceptance: December 9, 2022
- Videos submission deadline for accepted proposals: January 18, 2023
- Submit videos & slides to the Dropbox link shared via email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received.
- Video collection release: February 2023