RECENT PROGRAM UPDATES
- The first edition (April 2022) is now available.
- Now accepting proposals for the second edition (July 2022)
GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Welcome to CNI’s new asynchronous pre-recorded project briefing series. This quarterly series will pull together a collection of pre-recorded, asynchronous videos from the CNI community in order to provide year-round access to timely content. More information about this program is in this recent announcement.
Note: This video series is separate from the project briefings presented at the membership meetings.
CNI will issue a call for asynchronous project briefing proposals approximately quarterly and select a maximum of 12 for release. Calls for proposals will be posted to CNI-ANNOUNCE and social media.
We are currently accepting submissions for the second edition (July 2022). Submit your proposal by May 25, 2022.
WHO: Anyone may propose a pre-recorded project briefing, including groups/individuals from non-member institutions and organizations.
TOPICS & LENGTH: Pre-recorded project briefing videos should focus on a timely topic or on a specific project related to digital information. We especially invite briefings on recently published reports, and updates on new or ongoing projects, programs, or organizations that may have reported at CNI in the past. In general, we recommend that these videos run no more than 15-20 minutes in length, though longer presentations may occasionally make sense; we leave this decision to the discretion of presenters.
Guidelines & Suggestions
- We suggest keeping videos to about 20 minutes or less in length, though we recognize that longer recording times may be warranted; we leave this decision to the discretion of presenters.
- We strongly recommend that you use an external microphone for better sound quality.
- Include contact information for follow-up inquiries.
- Preferred video formats are MP4 or MOV
- Recommended file naming convention: LastName_SessionTitle
- Videos will be made publicly available on CNI’s YouTube and Vimeo channels
Deadline & Submission Instructions
- Deadline for proposal submission: May 25, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: June 3, 2022
- Videos submission deadline for accepted proposals: June 22, 2022
- Submit videos & slides to the Dropbox link shared via email. Contact email@example.com if you have not received.
- Video collection release: July 2022