GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
This quarterly series pulls together a collection of pre-recorded, asynchronous videos from the CNI community to provide year-round access to timely content. More information about this program is in this announcement. This video series is separate from the project briefings presented at the membership meetings.
- November 2023: Videos and edition guide
- August 2023: Videos and edition guide
- May 2023: Videos and edition guide
- February 2023: Videos and edition guide
- October 2022: Videos and edition guide
- July 2022: Videos and edition guide
- April 2022: Videos and edition guide
CNI issues a call for asynchronous project briefing proposals approximately quarterly and select a maximum of 12 for release. The February 2024 Edition call for proposals is now open. The next call will be issued later this year.
WHO: Anyone may propose a pre-recorded project briefing, including groups/individuals from non-member institutions and organizations.
TOPICS: Pre-recorded project briefing videos should focus on a timely topic or on a specific project related to digital information. We especially invite briefings on recently published reports, and updates on new or ongoing projects, programs, or organizations that may have reported at CNI in the past.
Guidelines & Suggestions
- We suggest keeping videos to no more than 20 minutes in length, and you may use less time; we recognize that longer recording times may be warranted and we leave this decision to the discretion of presenters.
- We strongly recommend that you use an external microphone for better sound quality.
- Include contact information for follow-up inquiries.
- Preferred video formats are MP4 or MOV
- Recommended file naming convention: LastName_SessionTitle
- We encourage all speakers to make accessible presentations; this webinar on accessibility guidelines (via the Council on Library and Information Resources) is an excellent resource.
- Videos will be made publicly available on CNI’s YouTube and Vimeo channels
Deadline & Submission Instructions: February 2024 Edition
- Deadline for proposal submission: December 15, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: January 10, 2024
- Videos submission deadline for accepted proposals: January 31, 2024
- Video collection release: February 2024