GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Welcome to CNI’s asynchronous pre-recorded project briefing series. This quarterly series pulls together a collection of pre-recorded, asynchronous videos from the CNI community to provide year-round access to timely content. More information about this program is in this announcement.
Note: This video series is separate from the project briefings presented at the membership meetings.
- May 2023: Now accepting proposals until March 21
- February 2023: Videos and edition guide
- October 2022: Videos and edition guide
- July 2022: Videos and edition guide
- April 2022: Videos and edition guide
CNI issues a call for asynchronous project briefing proposals approximately quarterly and select a maximum of 12 for release. The May 2023 call for proposals has been posted to CNI-ANNOUNCE and proposals will be accepted until March 21.
The call for proposals for February’s edition was released in late October on CNI-ANNOUNCE, social media, and the website. The submission deadline has lapsed, and the next call will be issued sometime in February 2023.
WHO: Anyone may propose a pre-recorded project briefing, including groups/individuals from non-member institutions and organizations.
TOPICS & LENGTH: Pre-recorded project briefing videos should focus on a timely topic or on a specific project related to digital information. We especially invite briefings on recently published reports, and updates on new or ongoing projects, programs, or organizations that may have reported at CNI in the past. In general, we recommend that these videos run no more than 15-20 minutes in length, though longer presentations may occasionally make sense; we leave this decision to the discretion of presenters.
Information for Presenters
Guidelines & Suggestions
- We suggest keeping videos to about 20 minutes or less in length, though we recognize that longer recording times may be warranted; we leave this decision to the discretion of presenters.
- We strongly recommend that you use an external microphone for better sound quality.
- Include contact information for follow-up inquiries.
- Preferred video formats are MP4 or MOV
- Recommended file naming convention: LastName_SessionTitle
- We encourage all speakers to make accessible presentations; this webinar on accessibility guidelines (via the Council on Library and Information Resources) is an excellent resource.
- Videos will be made publicly available on CNI’s YouTube and Vimeo channels
Deadline & Submission Instructions: May 2023 Edition
- Deadline for proposal submission: March 21, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: March 29, 2023
- Videos submission deadline for accepted proposals: April 24, 2023
- Video collection release: May 2023