Another great line-up of speakers for the next LSC (Learning Spaces Collaboratory) webinar.
We invite you to join the LSC Guide Webinar III: Large Enrollment Classrooms (Planning for Teaching at Scale)
http://www.pkallsc.org/events/lsc-guide%E2%80%94webinar-iii-exploring-lecture-spaces on Tuesday, March 25 at 3:30 p.m. EDT.
· What are effective approaches for the physical design of spaces to enhance engaged learning in large enrollment courses? How do you plan for teaching at scale?
· How are spaces for large enrollment classes now being imagined, designed and constructed?
· Are there limits of “scale” for teaching classes with research-based pedagogical approaches?
· What steps can be taken to help faculty to overcome the challenges for teaching and learning in tiered lecture halls, in large enrollment classrooms?
These and other questions will be explored by facilitators (3:30 – 4:30 p.m.) ; opportunity for questions from participants follow the presentation by facilitators (4:30 – 5:00 p.m.)
· Shirley Dugdale, Principal – Dugdale Strategy
· Scott P. Kelsey, Managing Principal – CO Architects
· Phillip D. Long, Executive Director, Innovation and Analytics – The University of Queensland
· Edward Prather, Associate Professor, Department of Astronomy – University of Arizona
A “silent” PPT, beginning at 3:15 p.m., will set the stage for the webinar.
Note that the registration form invites questions as part of the registration process. Here are responses to LSC webinar FAQs.
Registration includes access to a recording of the webinar.