Registration is now open for this annual symposium, hosted by the University of San Diego Library. Their symposia are wide ranging and very valuable for institutions building programs in this area. Registration information is below.
Joan Lippincott, Associate Executive Director Emerita
2021 Virtual Digital Initiatives Symposium: April 26-29, 2021
Registration Now Open!
Hosted by the University of San Diego’s Copley Library, the Digital Initiatives Symposium is an annual event featuring workshops, presentations, and keynote addresses from leaders in libraries’ digital ecosystems, including open access, institutional repositories, open educational resources, data management, digital scholarship and pedagogy, scholarly communications, linked data, digital humanities, web archiving, copyright, and more. For 2021, the DIS will be entirely virtual using the Zoom Webinar platform. We hope you can join us!
FIVE workshop choices, limited to 30 participants each:
- Cataloging in the Age of RDA: Latest Trends, Issues, and Challenges
- Copyright Intersections for Academic Librarians
- Developing and Articulating Open Access Policies, Principles, and Guidelines: a Hands-On Workshop
- Lessons from SPARC’s Journal Negotiation Community of Practice: A Workshop on Aligning Negotiations With Making Scholarship Open By Default
- Planning and Managing a Digital Collections Project
Keynote and Featured Speakers:
- Reggie Raju, Deputy Director: Research and Learning Services, University of Cape Town, South Africa: “What is Open about Closed: an Ubuntu Perspective of Open Access”
- Arianna Becerril-Garcia, Executive Director, Redalyc: “Academy-Owned Non-Profit Open Access Publishing: an Approach to Achieve Participatory and Sustainable Scholarly Communications”
- Ivy Anderson, Director: Collection Development and Management Program, California Digital Library
View the full program at: https://digital.sandiego.edu/symposium/2021/
The event is capped at 500 attendees, so book your spot today!
Registration closes on April 18, 2021.