To: Eastern U.S. Task Force Representatives
From: Joan K. Lippincott, Assistant Executive Director
Subject: Working Together: A Preconference for Library and Information Technology Professionals
The Coalition for Networked Information will be offering “Working Together: A Preconference for Library and Information Technology Professionals” in conjunction with two upcoming CAUSE/CNI Regional Conferences. The first will be held at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, on May 29, 1996, and the second will be held at Virginia Polytechnic and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, on September 11, 1996. These preconferences will provide an opportunity for a small number of institutional teams of librarians and information technologists to develop techniques to increase the effectiveness of collaborative efforts and to begin a planning process for specific collaborative projects.
The registration fee for the preconference is $75.00.
Participants at previous Working Together programs have stated that the experience:
- Provided an opportunity for counterparts to talk and develop a specific action plan
- Inspired them to go back to their home institutions and pull people together
- Made them much more aware of the issues involved in successful collaborations
- Helped them gain new insights into the professions of their counterparts
- Prompted them to take a more comprehensive, global approach to collaboration
I am sending you some additional information by mail and encourage you to send a team(s) from your institution. Both the preconference and the full Regional Conference programs offer excellent value for the professionals in your institution.
You can register for either of these programs online via the Regional Conferences section of the CAUSE Website at http://cause-www.colorado.edu/.