Reports by CNI:
- Strategies for Preserving Institutional and Researcher Email, Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable held April 11-12, 2018 (Sept. 2018).
- Responding to the Move of Content to the Cloud: GitHub, Figshare, YouTube, and Similar Services, Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable held Dec. 10-11, 2017 (Feb. 2018).
- Rethinking Institutional Repository Strategies, Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable held April 2-3, 2017 (May 2017).
- Library and IT Partnerships with Campus Museums and Archives, Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable held Dec. 12, 2016 (Jan. 2017).
- Funders, Compliance, and Access to Research Results, Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable held Dec. 13-14, 2015 (Sept. 2016).
- Privacy In the Age of Analytics, Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable held April 13, 2015 (Aug. 2016).
- Institutional Strategies for Open Educational Resources (OERs), Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable held April 3 & 4, 2016 (Aug. 2016).
- Planning a Digital Scholarship Center 2016, report of the CNI-ARL workshop held May 17-18, 2016 (Aug. 2016).
- Report on the CNI Authentication and Authorization Survey 2016 (Aug. 2016).
See also the survey used to collect data for this report.
A version of this report also appeared in EDUCAUSE Review, “Report on the 2016 CNI Authentication and Authorization Survey,” Dec. 12, 2016.
- Supporting Digital Humanities: Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable Held Dec. 7 & 8, 2014 (May 2016)
See also What We Heard at the Roundtable: Transcript of a Project Briefing, CNI Fall 2014 Membership Meeting, Dec. 9, 2014.
- Digital Scholarship Centers: Trends & Good Practice, report of the CNI workshop held April 2, 2014 (Dec. 2014)
- Software as a Service and Cloud Based Applications: Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable Held March 31, 2014 (Dec. 2014)
- E-Book Strategies: Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable Held Dec. 8-9, 2013 (Dec. 2014)
- Institutional Strategies and Platforms for Scholarly Publishing: Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable Held Dec. 10, 2012 (Feb. 2013)
- Multiple Devices and Platforms: Institutional Strategies: Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable Held April 2, 2012 (May 2012)
- Risk Management and Disaster Planning: Report of a CNI Executive Roundtable Held Dec. 12, 2011 (Feb. 2012)
- “Enhancing Graduate Education: A Fresh Look at Library Engagement,” ARL: A Bimonthly Report on Research Library Issues and Actions, no. 256 (Feb. 2008)
- “Libraries and Changing Research Practices: A Report of the ARL/CNI Forum on E-Research and Cyberinfrastructure,” ARL: A Bimonthly Report on Research Library Issues and Actions, no. 237 (Dec. 2004)
Serving as Committee Members, CNI Staff Contributed to these Selected Recent Reports & Articles:
- Anne, Kirk M., et al. Building Capacity for Digital Humanities: A Framework for Institutional Planning. ECAR Working Group Paper. Louisville, CO: ECAR, May 31, 2017.
- M. R. Muccie, J. Lucia, et al. Across the Great Divide: Findings and Possibilities for Action from the 2016 Summit Meeting of Academic Libraries and University Presses with Administrative Relationships (P2L). White Paper. Dec. 2016.
- International Advances in Digital Scholarship: The Doors Are Open. Conference report, Jisc/CNI meeting 2016: International Advances in Digital Scholarship. July 6, 2016, Bristol, UK. Oct. 2016.
- Clifford A. Lynch et al. Curation. Big Data in the Campus Landscape (series). EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research Campus Cyberinfrastructure (ECAR-CCI) Working Group. Nov. 20, 2015.
- Scholarly Communication: The Journey Towards Openness. Conference report, Jisc/CNI meeting 2014: Opening Up Scholarly Communications. July 10-11, 2014, Bristol, UK. Oct. 2015.
- L. Johnson, S. Adams Becker, et al. NMC Horizon Report: 2015 Library Edition. Austin, Texas: The New Media Consortium (2015).
- L. Johnson, S. Adams Becker, et al. NMC Horizon Report: 2015 Higher Education Edition. Austin, Texas: The New Media Consortium (2015).
- Basic Infrastructure Support. Big Data in the Campus Landscape (series). EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research Campus Cyberinfrastructure (ECAR-CCI) Working Group. Sept. 12, 2014.
- Developing a 21st Century Global Library for Mathematics Research. Timothy W. Cole, Ingrid Debauchies, Kathleen M. Carley, Judith L. Klavans, Yann LeCun, Michael Lesk, Clifford A. Lynch, Peter Olver, Jim Pitman and Zhihong Jeff Xia (Committee on planning a global library of the mathematical sciences). National Research Council, Washington, D.C.: The National Academies Press (March 2014). Also available on [arXiv]
- L. Johnson, S. Adams Becker, V. Estrada, and A. Freeman. NMC Horizon Report: 2014 Library Edition. Austin, Texas: The New Media Consortium (2014).
- Guy T. Almes, Curtis W. Hillegas, et al. Laying the Groundwork. Big Data in the Campus Landscape (series). EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research Campus Cyberinfrastructure (ECAR-CCI) Working Group, Sept. 17, 2014.
- Alma Swan. Transforming Opportunities in Scholarly Discourse, report of the Jisc/CNI workshop, held in Birmingham, UK, July 5-6, 2012 (Nov. 2012).
- Irene Hames. Report on the International Workshop on Contributorship and Scholarly Attribution, held Wednesday May 16, 2012, hosted by the Institute for Quantitative Social Science (IQSS) at Harvard University (Sept. 2012).
- EDUCAUSE. What’s Next for Campus Cyberinfrastructure? ACTI Responds to the NSF ACCI Reports. July 16, 2012.
- National Science Foundation. Final Report of the NSF Advisory Committee for Cyberinfrastructure Task Force on Campus Bridging. March 2011.
- OCLC Record Use Policy Council. WorldCat Rights and Responsibilities for the OCLC Cooperative approved by the OCLC Board of Trustees on June 14, 2010, effective Aug. 1, 2010.
- Laurence F. Johnson, Alan Levine, Rachel S. Smith, and Sonja Stone. 2010 Horizon Report. Austin, TX: The New Media Consortium, 2010.
- Blue Ribbon Task Force on Sustainable Digital Preservation. Sustainable Economics for a Digital Planet: Ensuring Long Term Access to Digital Information, February 2010.
- Educause Learning Initiative Advisory Board, “Opening Up Learning: From Spaces to Environments,” Educause Review 44:3 (May/June 2009), pp. 62-63.
- Blue Ribbon Task Force on Sustainable Digital Preservation and Access. Sustaining the Digital Investment: Issues and challenges of Economically Sustainable Digital Preservation, Dec. 2008.
- National Science Foundation Task Force on Cyberlearning. Fostering Learning in the Networked World: The Cyberlearning Opportunity and Challenge, a 21st Century Agenda for the National Science Foundation, June 2008.
- Library of Congress Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control. On The Record: Report of the Library of Congress Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control, Jan. 2008.