Bibliometrics and Research Impact Librarian
University of Waterloo
Bibliometrics and research impact services are a growing need within institutions and most often require collaboration across several units, with the library being a central partner. Libraries bring specialized knowledge, skills and resources used in this work. The University of Waterloo has been actively growing the bibliometrics and research impact work across the institution through formal working groups and most recently through the establishment of a campus-wide community of practice that supports the further infusion of these skill sets. This presentation will highlight the evolution of a successful model for these services and their key partnerships.
- The White Paper, “Measuring Research Output Through Bibliometrics”, provides a high-level review of bibliometrics, and provides recommended practices for working with bibliometric data. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3302.5680
- Bibliometrics and Research Impact Librarian, Job Description https://hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00006514.pdf
- BRI Guides from Uwaterloo – https://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/prf.php?account_id=12924
- The Bibliomagician Blog – https://thebibliomagician.wordpress.com/
- Discussion List: Lis-Bibliometrics https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=LIS-BIBLIOMETRICS