Oct. 14, 2011
In this podcast, CNI director Clifford Lynch reports on several recent conferences:
- A plenary presentation given by Steve Kelling at the ASIS&T annual meeting on eBird (http://ebird.org/)
- The Internet2 fall meeting
- Theory & Practice of Digital Libraries Conference (TPDL), formerly European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries (ECDL)
- ARL-CNI Fall Forum 21st-Century Collections and the Urgency of Collaborative Action
Joan Lippincott, CNI’s associate director, talks about the Net Gen and generational differences in the use of technology, and regarding assessment, the importance of knowing your use communities. Joan references the following sources in her discussion:
- NPR Story
- Pew Internet & American Life report
- Char Booth’s blog “info-mational”
- Project Information Literacy. October 12, 2011 report.
We hope you enjoy this program and we welcome your feedback. For questions or comments related to CNI Conversations, please contact CNI Associate Executive Director Joan Lippincott at firstname.lastname@example.org.