Interim Director of Digital Strategies
University of Oregon
Statistical consulting offered as part of an academic research library’s suite of services is not unusual, but the approach taken at the University of Oregon (UO) may be unique. This briefing will describe a two-year pilot project (in progress) that grew out of a collaboration between the Graduate School and the UO Libraries to fill a pressing need on campus. The briefing will include:
- the steps leading up to implementing the service as a collaborative effort;
- the terms and conditions under which the service is being offered;
- the type(s) of staff hired to staff the service;
- the services being offered, including new workshops and programming; and
- data on how the service is being used and plans for the future.