CNI Fall 2022 Membership Meeting
December 12-13, 2022
JW Marriott Hotel, Washington, DC
Please Check Back for Updates (Last updated 11/22/2022)
How and when will I find out if my proposal has been accepted?
Proposal submitters have been notified via email as of Oct. 24. Please contact us if you have not heard back about your proposal.
What emails have been sent to presenters since I submitted my proposal?
- Speakers received vaccination verification information on Nov. 17.
- We sent two emails to presenters that notified them of their acceptance as well as their scheduled date/time.
- We sent one additional email to lightning round presenters on Nov. 3.
- We sent a thank you email and insutrctions on uploading presentation materials on Dec. 14.
What presentation guidelines should I keep in mind?
Meeting attendees include senior IT, computing, research and library administrators, publishing executives, government officials, and others with a high level of interest in and understanding of digital information issues.
- Project briefings are not intended to serve as marketing sessions for products or services.
- Feedback from prior meetings indicates that attendees strongly prefer that calls for collaboration and partnerships be made near the end of a session, after project descriptions/updates have been presented.
- If selected for a lightning session, please note that your session will be limited to seven minutes and a single presenter. Questions will be taken after all lightning round presenters have spoken.
- The CNI presentation style generally includes slides; speakers typically do not read papers at our meetings.
- We encourage all speakers to make accessible presentations; this webinar on accessibility guidelines (via the Council on Library and Information Resources) is an excellent resource.
- Each briefing (except lightning rounds) should include a generous amount of time for general discussion and questions.
What is the presenting schedule at the meeting?
December 12, 1:00pm–6:00pm ET and December 13, 9:00am–2:30pm ET will be dedicated to the project briefings. Speakers who are selected have been notified of the date and time. Those presenting project briefings are expected to do so in-person; we will not have the capacity to facilitate remote presentations. The full schedule is now available.
What technology and equipment will be available for presenters?
- CNI does not provide computers.
- CNI will provide a projector and an HDMI cable for connecting to the projector (Mac users: please bring your Apple video output dongle).
- For best results, please use an aspect ratio of 16:9 for your slides.
- Hotel Internet connections can be unreliable. It is preferable if you can capture what you need without a live connection.
- Contact Angelo Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately with any questions or special requests re. A/V, Internet, or equipment (e.g. speakers).
I am a presenter; do I have to register?
Yes, speakers MUST register for this meeting by Nov. 14. Speakers are invited to attend the full meeting (December 12–13). Registration information for speakers will be included in the acceptance email.
Please visit our Registration & Accommodations webpage for details on travel and booking your stay. We look forward to welcoming you!
How will the new lightning round format work?
All lightning round sessions will take place on Monday, Dec. 12, approximately 5:00-6:00pm ET. There will NOT be time for discussion at the end of this session; the reception will immediately follow. Further instructions were sent via email on Nov. 3; please contact us if you did not receive the email. Additional guidelines:
- Lightning round presenters are required to submit their slides by Dec. 2.
- The slides will be preloaded onto a CNI-provided laptop prior to the session.
- Slide naming convention: Presenter(s)LastName_LR_CNI22F
- 3-slide maximum
- PDF format
- 7-minute speaking time limit
- 1 speaker limit
What health and safety guidelines are in place?
CNI will require all attendees to be fully vaccinated prior to participating in the meeting. This includes all presenters! Please consult the Health & Safety Guidelines webpage frequently for the most up-to-date information.
Will my session be recorded?
Your session will be recorded (unless all agree otherwise in advance) and videos will be made publicly available barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Can my session materials/slides be posted on the CNI website so attendees & others can view them later?
Yes, please be sure to share your slides with us so we can add them to the meeting website after your session. We recommended the following file naming convention: LastName_SessionTitle_CNIFall22. Please use an aspect ratio of 16:9 for your slides. Instructions for sharing slides (including the Dropbox link) were sent via email on December 14.
Whom should I contact regarding presenter questions?
Please contact Paige Pope, CNI communications coordinator, at email@example.com with any proposal or presenter questions.
Thank you for your contributions to CNI’s Fall 2022 Membership Meeting!
Code of Conduct
CNI is committed to maintaining a welcoming and inclusive environment for inquiry, constructive disagreement, and intellectual freedom and honesty. We do not tolerate personal attacks, harassment of any kind, violence, or disruptive behavior. Please be respectful of our community’s diversity and generous of others’ views. If you have concerns, please contact a member of the CNI staff.