CNI Fall 2021 Membership Meeting
Virtual: December 7-9, 2021
In-Person: December 13-14, 2021
JW Marriott Hotel, Washington, DC
Live, Virtual Project Briefings
Please Check Back for Updates (Last updated 11/15/2021)
Tuesday, Dec. 7 – Wednesday, Dec. 8, 1:00pm–5:30pm ET will be devoted to synchronous project briefings. The schedule is now available.
- The virtual event will take place on Zoom. We will send you a Zoom link and more details; contact Paige Pope (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have not received follow-up information by Nov. 19th.
- Plan to share/run your slides from your own computer during the meeting. If you would like to arrange a practice session, contact Paige Pope (email@example.com) at least three days prior to your presentation.
- Leave time for questions/discussion.
Audience Engagement & Focus:
- Attendees will include heads of information technology and library administrators from universities, publishers, government, and technology companies knowledgeable about the issues of networking and digital information.
- The CNI presentation style generally includes presentation slides; typically, speakers do not read papers at our meetings.
- Attendees have told us that, in a virtual environment, shorter, focused presentations with reduced background information are preferable.
- Breaking up your talk with audience interactions can be effective for keeping attendees engaged. Polls can be a good way to do this (if you want to use a poll please be in touch with us in advance), and the chat feature can be an effective way to promote interaction, particularly if prompted and encouraged by presenters.
- Please join Zoom at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled session time to double-check that everything is running as it should be.
- Plan to run your own slides (if using); if there is more than one speaker in your group, it is best to have one person run all slides from a single deck.
- The better your network connection the better your presentation will go. Use a wired connection if possible.
- CNI staff will serve as hosts and to provide support.
- We will send speakers a Zoom link and more details later. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received follow-up information by Nov. 19th.
Please be sure to share your slides with us so we can add them to the meeting website after your session: https://www.dropbox.com/request/WobJjwuSNwS3FTVO9sM3
We recommended the following file naming convention: LastName_SessionTitle_CNIFall21
Speakers MUST register for this meeting by Nov. 9. Live, virtual speakers are invited to attend the full virtual event. If you have not already registered, please consult your acceptance email for instructions or contact us.
Please contact us with questions, and thank you for your contributions to CNI’s Fall 2021 Membership Meeting!
Code of Conduct
CNI is committed to maintaining a welcoming and inclusive environment for inquiry, constructive disagreement, and intellectual freedom and honesty. We do not tolerate personal attacks, harassment of any kind, violence, or disruptive behavior. Please be respectful of our community’s diversity and generous of others’ views. If you have concerns, please contact a member of the CNI staff.